One of the favorite pastimes of Americans during the summer months is to get in their RV and trek out across the country. Before going to rent or purchase an RV from an RV dealership Des Moines for the next vacation travel, here are some interesting facts to know about RVs.
* RVs were not known by that name until the 1960s. Before they were deemed RVs, they were known as campers or travel trailers. It is astonishing to think about how quickly the term caught on and held its place in popular American vernacular.
* The most expensive RV in the world, according to Guinness Book of World Records, will cost the RV enthusiast an estimated three million dollars. It has been referred to as a veritable mansion on wheels.
* According to industry statistics, the typical RV owner will spend an average of 28 to 35 days in their RV. This is a great indicator of how well people just love being in their RV traveling the country.
* During the course of a year, nearly 40 million Americans will engage in some form of camping activity. The country truly loves their great outdoors.
* The ability to trust their RV dealership Des Moines is one strong reason buyers list as to why they prefer buying from a reputable RV dealer.
* The sale of RVs truly exploded after the end of World War II. Americans were celebrating victory and eager to set out on adventures on the open road.
* These days, the fastest growing population of RV buyers is between the ages of 35 to 45. This means that the popularity of RVs will be around for a long time to come.
* The very first motorized RVs hit the market in 1910. They were not equipped with bathrooms. Travelers simply used the nearest tree or bush when “nature called.”
To get more information on RV purchases and get ready to hit the road this summer, simply click here to Visit site. A wide selection of quality RVs and RV accessories awaits the eager buyer. The family will thank you for it and the vacation will be something they remember for decades to come.